4.02.2014

spring staples


Every season I try to buy or make a few key pieces that will get lots of wear in the following months. Lately I've really been loving white and black, simple silhouettes, and modern and sporty fabrics like mesh and neoprene. After hunting for the perfect cropped moto jacket for several months, UNIF came out with the Neo Mesh Crop Moto and I couldn't buy it fast enough. It has a great shape and texture and is perfect for layering in the slight chill of early spring, but light enough that I will probably wear it well into the summer. My other favorite new addition to my wardrobe is the Y.R.U. Orion Platform. I've been having a hard time coming up with outfits that don't involve these shoes lately. They're simple, super versatile, and give the effect of wearing heels while being a little more casual. I also really love this white mesh bodycon dress that I made a few weeks ago. I couldn't find one for layering that didn't have cutouts or a slip sewn in so I decided to buy some inexpensive stretch mesh and make my own. I love layering it over tube skirts with a bra or bandeau or wearing it under a long, gathered skirt. Since it's nice and airy I can still wear long sleeves without getting hot and sweaty as the weather warms up.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you posting more often lately! Your looks always slay. :)

    ReplyDelete